juwi uses growth opportunities in the field of renewable energies with capital increase
New equity of 70 million euros strengthens the financial capacity of the Wörrstadt-based project developer - Shares of Mannheim-based energy company MVV Energie in juwi increase to 63 percent.
Joint press release of juwi AG, MVV Energie AG and FreMa GmbH & Co. KG
With an increase in equity by 70 million euros Wörrstadt-based juwi AG strengthens its growth capacities for developing new projects in the field of renewable energies. The shares of Mannheim-based energy company MVV Energie in juwi increase as a result from currently 50.1 to 63 percent. The remaining 37 percent of the juwi-shares continue to remain in the hands of the FreMa GmbH & Co. KG, the joint holding company of the two juwi-founders Fred Jung and Matthias Willenbacher. This has been announced by the three companies in a joint media statement on Tuesday.
MVV Energie has been holding shares in juwi AG since 2014. "The growth opportunities for juwi's project development business have developed very positively in this year," Dr. Georg Müller, CEO of MVV Energie, emphasized. "With the additional capital we lay the necessary basis for juwi to consequently utilize these growth opportunities - with a clear focus on wind onshore in Germany and on PV internationally."
For the two juwi-founders Fred Jung and Matthias Willenbacher the agreed capital infusion is "the right step at the right time". MVV Energie is the ideal partner to accompany and lead juwi in its successful realignment process towards the energy system of the future. "The bundling of the various competences of juwi and MVV Energie is the key to joint success in a rapidly changing global market."
According to the mutual conviction of the juwi-shareholders, renewable energies have an enormous economic potential all over the world. Thanks to its competent and highly motivated team, juwi is very well positioned in this growth market and can continue its success story of the past 20years on the basis of a painful but successful restructuring.
About the juwi group
juwi is one of the world's leading companies in the area of renewable energy with a strong regional presence. The company offers project development and EPC services as well as products and solutions for the energy turnaround. Company activities are mainly projects with solar and wind.
The juwi group was established in 1996 in Rhineland-Palatinate. Since the end of 2014, Mannheim based utility MVV Energie AG has been co-owner and partner of the juwi-group. juwi has about 1,000 employees worldwide, branches on all continents and is actively engaged in various projects all over the globe. Working together with passion to implement renewable energy economically and reliably is what drives us.
So far, juwi has realized around 840 wind turbines with a total capacity of approx. 1,800 megawatts at more than 100 sites. In the solar segment, more than 1,500 projects with a total capacity of around 1,400 megawatts have been designed and constructed. Combined, these energy systems produce around six billion kilowatt hours of clean energy per year, equalling the annual demand of around 1.5 million German households. Within the past 18 years, juwi has initiated an investment volume of around six billion euros to realize these projects.
MVV Energie at a glance
With annual sales of Euro 3.7 billion, the publicly listed MVV Energie Group is one of Germany’s leading energy companies. With around 5,200 employees, our group of companies with local and regional roots covers all major stages of the value chain in offering a reliable supply of electricity, heating energy, gas and water – from energy generation via energy trading, energy distribution via proprietary grids through to sales and energy-related services. Furthermore, our group of companies is also one of Germany’s largest operators of energy from waste and biomass plants. Our corporate strategy focuses on generating profitable medium and long-term growth. In this, we are building on regionalism, efficiency and sustainability.