MVV raises dividend by 5 cents to 95 cents per share
The Mannheim-based energy company MVV Energie AG is paying a dividend of Euro 0.95 per share for the past 2020 financial year (1 October 2019 – 30 September 2020). By adopting this resolution, shareholders participating in this year’s virtual Annual General Meeting held today on Friday followed the recommendation made by the Executive and Supervisory Boards. This means that the dividend has risen by 5 cents per share, its first increase in twelve years. Based on a total of 65.9 million individual shares, the dividend will result in a distribution total of Euro 62.6 million.
The Annual General Meeting also elected shareholder representatives to the Supervisory Board of MVV Energie AG:
- Sabine U. Dietrich, Independent Supervisory Board Member and Consultant
- Martin Friedrich Herrmann, Business Angel and Mentor
- Barbara Hoffmann, Auditor, Tax Advisor
- Gregor Kurth, Partner, Infrastructure Investments, First Sentier Investors (FSI)
- Dr. Lorenz Näger, Deputy Chairman of Executive Board and Chief Financial Officer at HeidelbergCement AG
- Tatjana Ratzel, Head of Sickness Allowance Department at INTER Versicherungsgruppe
- Thorsten Riehle, Managing Director of Capitol-Betriebs GmbH
- Dr. Stefan Seipl, Businessman, Independent Management Consultant
Furthermore, in accordance with the company’s Articles of Association the City of Mannheim also delegates the Lord High Mayor and the First Mayor as head of the relevant specialist department to the 20-member Supervisory Board. Ten members were elected by employees in accordance with the German Codetermination Act (MitbestG).
A total of 96.0 percent of share capital was represented at the Annual General Meeting.