MVV’s Industrial Park in Gersthofen – an attractive employer in Bavaria
Site operator and service provider for the industrial park
MVV Industriepark Gersthofen GmbH is the company which operates Gersthofen Industrial Park, which is home to eleven companies and around 1,200 employees in total. Spread over 35 hectares, the industrial park is a state-of-the-art production and service site in the north of Augsburg. Among the eleven companies operating at the industrial park are international players in the chemicals, services and logistics sectors.
The core competencies of our total of around 200 employees include supplying companies with energy and other utilities, site infrastructure services, and security and environmental protection services.
Another task we perform involves training more than 100 apprentices. We are one of the largest providers of vocational training in Augsburg District.
Working with you, our most important task is to shape the development of Gersthofen Industrial Park along sustainable lines. Here, we can offer you a varied range of responsible activities, attractive remuneration in line with collectively agreed rates and diverse development prospects.
We live our corporate values of community, appreciation, responsibility and courage - and we build on diversity in our workforce.
Gersthofen Industrial Park is one of Bavaria’s largest chemicals industry locations and companies here have been manufacturing upstream products for many items used in everyday life since 1902 already. Examples include waxes for coatings and detergents, light stabilisers to make plastics more durable, binders for the pharmaceuticals and food industries, flocculants for sewage plants and special polyester products.
Companies at the industrial park have been committed to environmental protection and sustainability for many years now. This approach includes environmental protection measures that are integrated into production activities, meaning that all interim products, additives and even waste are put to sensible use. It also involves state-of-the-art cleaning technologies and a proprietary biological sewage plant at the location to ensure the effective and efficient treatment of wastewater.
We aim to become CO2 neutral by 2040. We have therefore made sustainability a key focus of our activities. Here are some examples:
- MVV’s refuse-derived fuel (RDF) power plant supplies process heat to all companies at the industrial park, significantly reducing CO2 emissions compared with fossil fuels.
- As a sustainable location operator, MVV has started converting its vehicle pool to electric vehicles and is currently installing an extensive charging infrastructure. At present, MVV employees and trainees can charge their e-vehicles at no extra cost.
- The first photovoltaics system at the industrial park will start operating before the end of 2023.
- From the outset, the chemicals companies have adapted their production processes to the requirements of the circular economy. Where possible and expedient, input materials have been converted to regenerative sources.
- One core challenge in achieving climate neutrality for the location as a whole is the energy supply. The production of chemicals requires enormous amounts of electricity and steam. To cover these needs in future as well, MVV is working on building a sewage sludge utilisation plant. Together with companies on location, it is also discussing and testing the use of hydrogen. Electrolysis, a technology with which Gersthofen Industrial Park has more than a century of experience, can be used for this purpose.
Our benefits in detail:
- Attractive remuneration oriented towards the rates agreed for the chemical and pharmaceutical industries
- 30 workdays vacation
- Company pension scheme
- Support in reconciling family and career through balanced shift models or home office options
- Good development opportunities, various further training courses