We are shaping the future
Our sustainability strategy
Sustainability is an absolutely crucial aspect of our corporate strategy. For us, responsible activity and business sustainability involve
- Maintaining a balance between profitable growth and social responsibility
- Consistently enhancing our business model and thus securing our long-term economic success
- Being aware of the ecological and social implications of our own business activities and reducing our impact on the natural world
- Creating and retaining sustainable jobs and training positions for our employees
- Making a measurable contribution to converting the energy industry and protecting the climate and environment.
Overview of the areas of action in MVV’s sustainability strategy
Our contribution to protecting the climate
Climate protection is one of the greatest and most urgent challenges of our times.
For MVV, sustainable action means that we make our contribution towards reducing CO2 emissions to the extent needed to limit global warming to a maximum of 1.5 °C.
MVV will be climate neutral by 2040. In the years from then, we will even help to remove CO2 from the atmosphere, i.e. we will be climate positive. To achieve these goals, we are pressing ahead with the electricity and heat turnarounds. And we our supporting our customers and partners in reaching their own decarbonisation targets. This way, the Mannheim Model should become an example to Europe’s cities of how to make a success of the energy turnaround.