- 2021 - 2022
- 2017 - 2020
- 2009 - 2016
- 1999 - 2008
- 1974 - 1998
- 1901 - 1973
- 1873 - 1900
- Connection of the energy from waste plant in Leuna to the district heating grid at Stadtwerke Merseburg
- Operations launched at the new energy from waste plant in Dundee/Scotland
- Commissioning of an organic waste fermentation and energy generation plant in Bernburg (Saxony-Anhalt)
- Construction of a plant to recover phosphorous from sewage sludge in Mannheim
- Commissioning of a sewage sludge incineration plant in Offenbach
- Realisation of Germany’s first “wind + storage” hybrid project in the Uckermark region (Brandenburg)
- Start of construction of the first MVV ricer source heat pump in Mannheim
- Successive conversion of biomass power plant for district heating connection
- Investigation of geothermal preferred areas by GeoHardt
- Acquisition of AVANTAG Energy, a company specializing in rooftop photovoltaics systems
- Merger of the project development subsidiaries Juwi and Windwärts to form Juwi GmbH
- Presentation of the Mannheim Model, which will make MVV climate neutral by 2040 and #climatepositive from then on
- Confirmation from the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) that MVV's climate protection targets are in line with the 1.5-degree trajectory of the Paris Climate Agreement; MVV is also the first German energy company and one of the first in the world to be certified by SBTi in line with the Net Zero standard
- MVV is one of the world’s most sustainable energy companies according to ISS rating agency
- Strategic partnerships with DC-Datacenter-Group, Econ Solutions and Qivalo
- Publication of our sustainability goals and launch of our new brand
- Contract awarded in Dundee, Scotland, for the operation of an existing Energy from waste facility and the construction and operation of a new, highly efficient EfW facility.
- Start of construction for the integration of heat energy from the Mannheim HKW into the Mannheim district heating grid
- Founding Franklin mobil and start of cooperation with the car manufacturer e.GO
- Acquisition of the biowaste fermentation plant in Dresden-Klotzsche
- Start of construction to connect our EfW facility TREA Leuna to the district heating grid in the City of Merseburg.
- Start of construction for the waste-fired power plant in Dundee, Scotland
- Foundation of the Shared Services companies Soluvia Energy Services
- Stadtwerke Merseburg and MVV break ground for environmentally friendly district heating
- juwi builds thousandth wind turbine in company history
- MVV Energie AG increases its stake in juwi AG to 100%
- Commisioning of the Küstenkraftwerk Kiel
- Connection of our energy from waste plant on Friesenheimer Insel to the regional heating energy grid
- First Sentier Investors is MVV's largest minority shareholder, holding 45.8 percent of the company's shares.
Renewable energy portfolio further expanded
- Start of district heating expansion and congestion programme in Mannheim
- Participation in Stadtwerke Sinsheim
- Commissioning of boiler 6 at the HKW Mannheim
- Acquisition of a wind farm in Plauerhagen (Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania) and successful entry into the wind energy market.
- Commissioning of the district heating transport pipeline to Speyer (21 km)
- Major contract for the design, construction and operation of an Energy from Waste combined heat and power facility in Plymouth, England
- Acquisition of shares of Stadtwerke Walldorf GmbH
- Commissioning of the wind farm Kirchberg (Hunsrück) by Energieversorgung Offenbach
- Acquisition of seven German wind farms from Spanish energy group Iberdrola
- Commissioning of our first biomethane facility in Klein Wanzleben (Saxony-Anhalt).
Construction of a district heating storage facility on the site of the Mannheim power plant
Construction of the Kroppenstedt biomethane plant (Saxony-Anhalt)
Construction of Ridham Dock biomass power plant in the UK
- Energieversorgung Offenbach commissions the Hungerberg wind farm.
- Participation in the Luxembourg lighting specialist luminatis S.à.r.l.
- Takeover of Windwärts Energie GmbH and majority stake in Juwi AG
- Foundation of our subsidiary Beegy
- Extension of concessional contracts with the City of Mannheim for a further 20 years
- Commissioning of unit 9 at the large power plant in Mannheim (GKM)
- Commissioning of the biomethane plants in Staßfurt and Barby
- Commissioning of the Energy from Waste facility in Plymouth and the biomass facility in Ridham Dock (Kent)
- Acquisition of nine new wind turbines
- Strategic partnership with Enerix in the field of decentralised energy supply
- Start of construction of the K.I.E.L. coastal power facility in Kiel (Schleswig-Holstein)
- IPO of MVV Energie AG
- Foundation of the Czech subsidiary MVV Energie CZ
- Acquisition of a majority shareholding in Energieversorgung Offenbach AG (EVO) as well as 100 percent of Köthen Energie GmbH and 25.1 percent of Stadtwerke Buchen
- Acquisition of 49.9 percent oft he shares each in Stadtwerke Solingen GmbH (SWS GmbH) and Stadtwerke Ingolstadt Beteiligungen GmbH & Co. KG (SWI)
- Commissioning of the biomass power plants in Mannheim, Königs Wusterhausen and Flörsheim-Wicker as well as a new boiler at the Mannheim CHP plant
- Acqusition of 51 percent of the shares in Stadtwerke Kiel
- Founding of MVV Energiedienstleistungen GmbH and MVV Umwelt GmbH
- Commissioning of the EfW plant TREA Leuna (Sachsen-Anhalt)
- Capital increase of just under 10 percent
- Founding of our shared service companies
- Participation in the Schwetzingen municipal utility
- Acquisition of IVB Immobilien Versorgung GmbH, Berlin, and Industriepark Gersthofen Servicegesellschaft mbH & Co.KG (IGS)
- The City of Mannheim sells 16.1 percent of MVV Energie AG to RheinEnergie AG, Cologne.
- Second TREA Leuna boiler commences operations
- Capital increase of almost 18 percent
- Establishment of MVV Environment Ltd. (London, United Kingdom)
- Mannheim City Council converts its utility departments into Mannheimer Versorgungs- und Verkehrsgesellschaft mbH with its subsidiaries SMA, RHE and MVG.
- The district heating pipeline from Mannheim to Heidelberg commences operation.
- Start of district heating supply from the GKM to Schwetzingen
- Beginning of the engagement in Poland
- Readjustment and renaming of Stadtwerke Mannheim as MVV Energie AG
- The City of Mannheim takes over the electricity utility.
- The Mannheim power plant (GKM) goes into operation.
- Mannheim city centre is connected to the district heating system.
- Faithful reconstruction of the Mannheim Water Tower
- Construction of the MVV high-rise building at Luisenring, Mannheim
- The Combined Heat and Power facility (HKW) on Friesenheimer Insel goes into operation.
- Start of the Mannheimer Stadtwerke: The City of Mannheim takes over the gasworks in K6/K7.
- The Käfertal waterworks go into operation, marking the start of a central drinking water supply in Mannheim.
- Inauguration of the Mannheim Water Tower
- The power station at the industrial port with a capacity of 3.5 megawatts starts operation. This marks the start of electricity supply in Mannheim.
- The Luzenberg gasworks commence operation